With the huge bottles of shampoo and conditioner that many people buy these days, a lot of old shower caddies just aren’t doing the job any more. And for shared bathrooms, especially involving teenagers, it seems there isn’t enough space for everyone’s stuff. Some things to consider when buying a caddy include:
- does it need to hold large capacity bottles
- is space for a bar soap required
- does it need to be portable, i.e. for dorm showers
- how many bins might be required
- ease of cleaning
- how many hooks do you need to hold loofahs, sponges and wash cloths
To me it’s not worth throwing money away on a cheap shower caddy that either blocks the stream of water flow, has a soap tray that doesn’t drain properly, won’t hold its load or, worst of all, rusts. Some are even designed such that they are too long for the space between the tub faucet and the shower faucet. If your space is short watch the dimensions.
This seems to fit all of my requirements for an over the shower caddy:
- rust resistant
- holds the large capacity bottles of shampoo
- plenty of hooks
- even has a large hook in case you have a hand held shower attachment too
- dimensions are 4.2 x 10.2 x 24.8 inches so should fit almost all showers
For dorm residents, these are a great solution.
- hang it right in the shower, its fully waterproof
- unlike canvass, this is mildew resistant and quick-drying
- pockets will accommodate shower accessories and hair dryer
- great for college dorms, swimmers, travellers, gym members etc.
Pole caddies are great for high volume requirements and for bathrooms that won’t hold a large enough over-the-shower-faucet caddy.
- Dimensions: 112.24″ h x 12.72″ w x 8.70″
- adjustable shelves slide up and down to make room for tall bottles
- reinforced aluminum pole with high compression spring fits securely between your floor and ceiling
- fits between 6-9′ spaces
- No tools needed: just extend the caddy to install
- Convenient storage hooks: hold a razor, loofah, toothbrush or other accessories
- Quick dispensing: store bottles upside-down for quick dispensing
For those who prefer a dispenser style caddy, this one gets all the rave reviews. It has four chamber dispensers that utilizes a ‘patented pump technology’ and comes with a lifetime warranty. The liquid is stored in 15 oz. refillable chambers, so you can buy in bulk to save money and reduce plastic consumption. With one or two strokes of the pump, just the right amount of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel or lotion is dispensed. Installs in minutes without tools using silicone and two way tape (included). Dimensions: 10.00″ h x 11.00″ w x 4.00″.