There are a lot of interesting ways to store or transport food, some of them old, some new, some a new twist on what has been around for a long time.
What a great idea for filling with trail mix or some other healthy snack for your child’s lunch box or for your own. Would be great for snacks on road trips too, and for use in homemade freezies or smoothie popsicles. Or squeeze out that last drop of yogurt. Soft and easy for all hands to open. Made of 100% non-toxic, BPA-free, bacteria resistant, hypoallergenic and food grade silicone. Dishwasher, freezer, microwave safe. Set of 4.
You just pop in a five pound bag of flour or sugar, cut the opening, and pour when needed. The patented dual-pour flip top allows two-way pouring. No more big messes when emptying the flour bag! When the old bag is emptied, just pop in a new one.
Tiffins have been around for a long time in Asia. Its about time we started seeing them pop up here. For those concerned with polluting our environment with plastics, these stainless steel lunch containers are a viable option that should last and last.
- Brand: Gaiam
- Ingredients: Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 4.80″ h x 4.80″ w x 6.80″ l, 1.34 pounds
- Great for lunches or taking food to go.
- Great for salads, soup (top container is best for liquids), and deserts.
- Self-latching top container gives you the flexibility to pack just one or take it in its 3-tiered stack.
- dishwasher safe and non-leeching.
- Diameter: 5 5/8″ Assembled Height: 7 3/4″
- Fair Trade allows artisans a fair wage to support their families.
This is a good concept to make sure we don’t end up with a small portion of food left in the bottom of a container to get stale.
- Brand: Zevro
- space-saving, contemporary design.
- Convenient storage and portion control distributing 1 ounce per twist. Allows for as-needed dispensing, keeping food sanitary and germ-free.
- Suitable for dry foods, and designed to preserve freshness for up to 45 days.
- 3 13-ounce canisters are made of scratch-resistant and shatterproof materials. Each canister holds 1 liter or 13 ounces of dry food. Patented; other patents pending.
- Dimensions: 16.00″ h x 15.00″ w x 6.00″ l, 4.41 pounds
- 90-day limited warranty
Based on the Japanese style Bento boxes, much like the tiffin, this concept has been around for a long time, and in the interest of sustainability is now becoming popular all over the world. These make a great lunch container for kids, closures are kid-tested and will not snap little fingers.
- BPA-free, Non-toxic & Eco-friendly Lunchbox – no more need for baggies
- 100% Stainless Steel Food Container
- Bento-style Lunchbox Includes 3 Pieces: Lower (sandwich size), upper and small snack container.
- When closed, the lunch box measures 4 inches wide, 5 1/2 inches long and 2 3/4 inches high. The bottom layer is 1 inch deep and fits a whole sandwich on sliced bread. The top layer is 1 1/2 inches deep and fits cut fruit, dry snacks, pasta or salad. The small inner box, which contains 1/2 cup of wet foods, is good for applesauce, cut fruit and salads, but its pressure fitting stainless steel lid is not 100% leak-proof because no plastic is used.