So you’re dressed in layers, you’ve stretched, you have your bottle of water ready, and you’re intent on using your leg and shoulder muscles and escaping the job with as little back pain as possible. But just remember this: snow weighs between 7 pounds per cubic foot to a whopping 30 pounds per cubic foot, so a shovelful can weigh more than a medium sized dog (I’m assuming my Pomeranian isn’t the only dog who likes being tossed into the snow). Care for your body, and choose the right shovel for the job.
The smaller blade size of this 18″ combined shovel/pusher and an offset handle reduce backstrain. This size is easier for smaller people to handle, making it suitable for men or women.
- Ergonomic S Handle To Reduce Stress
- Galvanized Steel Edge
- 18″ W x 12″ H Blade
- Poly Coated, Ribbed Steel Core R Shaft, D Grip
- Shovel/Pusher combination
This 26″ snow pusher is designed to make your work during intense and continuous use easier, gliding through the snow so you last longer.
- steel wear strip for extended blade life
- ergonomic steel handle
- moisture resistant handle
For cutting through the messy frozen berms left by snow plows, you might want to get out your round nosed shovel – it works best for the job. This classic design has been in use since the 1600’s, sometimes “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” is the best policy.
- heavy gage steel head
- oak hand turned handles
- nostalgic craftmanship
- powder coated heads
- hand finished
While you need to be careful when using these so you don’t damage your pavement when chopping, they’re great for getting rid of ice on walks and driveways. And when somebody (grrrrrr) drives over the snow in your driveway before you have a chance to shovel, this is the tool to use to skim that off.
- High-impact graphite construction
- Tempered galvanized steel blade
- Smooth resin steel core handle
- 1-1/4-inch diameter handle with ergonomic D-grip
- Blade is 8-inches with overall length of 56-inches
Why not try a non toxic product that won’t hurt your pets or the environment.
- Concentrated pellets cover twice the area of rock salt and will not irritate pets’ paws or skin
- works in temperatures as low as -2 degree farenheit
- Timed-release formulation helps prevent re-icing for up to three days
- Guaranteed non-toxic. Safe for animals, children, vegetation, and concrete brick and stone
- Active ingredients are carbonyl diamide and a glycol admixture
When it gets really cold, this ice melter will melt down to 25 degrees below zero. Its the fastest working ice melter available. Recommended for use with a hand held spreader such as Suncast Ss025 Salt Spreader Hand Held Spreaders.